Here at AstenJohnson we put safety first and are taking measures to minimize the risk of COVID-19. We know our customers are doing the same and we feel it's important to support these hard decisions.
Accordingly, we have postponed this class. We will inform Papermakers when we have selected a new date.
AstenJohnson University (AJU) was established in 2005 as one way to invest in the development of future papermakers and to provide a forum for learning and sharing of common business practices. This AJU session will focus on issues associated with the packaging grade. By concentrating on a specific paper grade, we will be able to provide students with specific, applicable information that can be put into practice immediately upon returning to the mill. We will discuss actual papermaking experiences in class, so we encourage participants to bring examples of past problems or current challenges to explore in class.
Who Should Attend?
This 3½ day training session has been created to address the needs of individuals relatively new to papermaking, those with one to five years of experience in a mill. This training is well suited for new process engineers and technicians as well as new machine operators and new shift managers. Additionally, those with extensive hands-on experience but little formal technical training on the fundamentals of papermaking and equipment will benefit from this session.
*Due to customer request, we have extended the session to give time for more in-depth discussion on each topic.
The tuition is $1,400 and covers your hotel room, meals*, all training materials and a copy of the highly anticipated Paper Machine Clothing Second Edition Book. You will be housed at the Hilton Garden Inn (Airport location). Travel costs to and from Charleston are at your own expense. AJU starts with a reception on Monday evening at 6:00 PM. Class will start at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, September 22 and conclude at noon on Friday, September 25. Detailed logistics of the training will be provided upon your enrollment. The registration form should be completed and returned to your AstenJohnson sales representative or to Sue McCann.
*Monday reception, Tuesday Meals, Wednesday Meals, Thursday (breakfast & lunch) are covered in full by AstenJohnson. Enjoy Charleston on your own or in small groups Thursday evening.
What You'll Learn?
1. Forming Fundamentals
2. Secondary Headboxes and Mini Fourdriniers
3. Machine Clothing Basics: Impact of Clothing on Performance and Sheet Properties (Forming Fabrics)
4. Forming Troubleshooting: Common Operational and Quality Issues and Solutions (Roundtable)
5. Press Fundamentals
6. Machine Clothing Basics: Impact of Clothing on Performance and Sheet Properties (Press Fabrics)
7. Press Troubleshooting: Common Operational and Quality Issues and Solutions (Roundtable)
8. Drying Fundamentals
9. Machine Clothing Basics: Impact of Clothing on Performance and Sheet Properties (Dryer Fabrics)
10. Dryer Troubleshooting: Common Operational and Quality Issues and Solutions (Roundtable)